Swaddling is a traditional technique of wrapping up baby gently, with a blanket to keep them warm and sleep well.
Swaddling is comforting to baby because it provides similar feel to that of mother’s womb.
Benefits of Swaddling
• Improve baby’s quality of sleep
• Soothens your crying baby
Points to remember while swaddle
• Always keep baby on their back for safety
• Never swaddle baby with a pacifier in their mouth.
• Don’t swaddle too tightly.
• Use a light weight & breathable blanket.
• Make sure baby’s hips are loose.
How long can we swaddle the baby?
The first three months of your baby’s life in the process of transitional fourth month. The idea is that the first trimester of your baby’s life is a complex transition period for them after they emerge from the womb to the outside world. Considering this, it makes sense that babies would enjoy being gently wrapped as they feel secure like they did in the womb